~~~standing together as Ansley battles non-hodgkins lymphoma~~~

ways to serve

PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket Photobucket
"...for this reason also, since the day we heard of it, we have not ceased to pray for you..."

Sunday, December 12, 2010

more than enough

From Amy:

We are in the "when" times of life.

Isaiah says," WHEN you pass through the waters, I will be with you....WHEN you walk through the fire, you shall not be burned.... "
yes, this is definitely the "WHEN". and if i am honest it hurts.

BUT, hurt is different than abandoned. OUR FAMILY IS NOT ABANDONED! WE HAVE A GRACIOUS GOD WHO COMFORTS US THROUGH OUR HURT.

Today is a new day. It is the first day I have been able to read Scripture without getting angry. It is the first day I have been able to say we are not abandoned. Yes, it hurts, in a way I have never known, but we are not burned.

Ansley went to the potty twice this morning! She also sat on the couch and colored. Right now, I am watching her sleep peacefully while she receives a blood transfusion.

Blood transfusion.

It shouldn't be this way. It wasn't intended to be this way. And yet, it is right now.

I am listening to Chris Tomlin's song, "More Than Enough." I want this to be the cry of my heart. Knowing and feeling aren't always the same. I am somewhere in the middle of those 2 things right now.

Sleep well my precious girl. I will be right here when you wake. Your mommy loves you.