~~~standing together as Ansley battles non-hodgkins lymphoma~~~

ways to serve

PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket Photobucket
"...for this reason also, since the day we heard of it, we have not ceased to pray for you..."

Tuesday, December 14, 2010

Great News!

Amy and I are rejoicing this afternoon. Ansley has had a banner day! We all walked to The Atrium twice to paint and play today. We played restaurant, and she fed me and Amy well! She also played the piano for us! What a sweet blessing of a child she is!

This was exciting and strangely hard at the same time - thinking of all of the times in the past when I was too busy doing work at home to play, and somewhat thinking about whether these memories will be there to be made in the future. But, Jesus told us in His Sermon (Matt 6) that we can't add a single hour to our life (or Ansley's). But, He also tells us that we can trust Him implicitly, and He proved that with the greatest sacrifice. So, for today we will rest in the moment to moment goodness of His grace and our beautiful little girl, as well as our other two beautiful ladies and two brave little men!

Her oncologist just came by and said that she is VERY encouraged with Ansley's progress. Labs and chest Xray looks great. They said that she looks good enough to go home Thursday, but we will stay through Friday morning when she gets her next major chemotherapy infusions and make sure that she is doing well after that.

I also want to take the time to say that I am married to the greatest woman in the world - no offense to many readers! But, wow! I have learned a ton from Ansley through this, and I have learned a ton from Amy. What a living, breathing picture of a Proverbs 31 woman! We are told that "he who finds a wife finds a good thing." How true that is! I am so thankful for my Amy Beth, my beautiful, precious bride!

Thank so much for supporting us!