~~~standing together as Ansley battles non-hodgkins lymphoma~~~

ways to serve

PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket Photobucket
"...for this reason also, since the day we heard of it, we have not ceased to pray for you..."

Thursday, December 16, 2010

grace

Another good day here on 7B at MUSC Children's Hospital. I can't tell you the number of times I have passed a sign that has said ,"this toy drive will benefit the children at MUSC Children's Hospital" at a store. I will never look at it the same way again. This morning Ansley received a precious book from the "Happy Cart." It is a donation based toy cart that comes through the halls of the children's hospital. We have benefited from these volunteers in ways I can't even explain with words. Ansley also got to see Woody this morning. Woody is a Golden Retriever that comes to love on the Leukemia, Lymphoma and other really sick kids on this wing of the hospital. That sweet dog brought a wonderful smile to Ansley's face.

It is sobering to see so much sickness. I am thankful that Ansley is doing well. But, there is and will continue to be an ache in my heart for all the brokenness you see in these precious children. We have had the pleasure of meeting so many amazing people like Margaret and her son, Kim, Seth, Jessica, Kelly, Karen and Dr. Kraveka. This has been the most life changing event I have ever gone through. People don't leave 7B at MUSC Children's Hospital the same as they came in. No, they leave very different. I hope I ALWAYS remember the experience of being here. When we look back in 10 years and our precious Ansley is healed, I still want to remember how well we were served and loved and cared for by everyone involved on 7B. Don't take today for granted. Open your eyes to the people around you. If they are hurting, love them. If they are rude, try to remember you don't know their story. You don't know what pain people live with everyday. Give grace after grace after grace to people. May they see Jesus in us and not someone judging them.

Pray that tomorrow's chemo goes well. Pray that our last night here on 7B will be sweet. Pray that our homecoming will be precious. I am filled with so many fears right now about going home. Here at the hospital the nurses and staff have cared so well for Ansley. Will Matt and I be able to do it? I am afraid. But, I move forward trusting that Jesus will be right there with us. Every step of this very long journey, Jesus will be right there.