~~~standing together as Ansley battles non-hodgkins lymphoma~~~

ways to serve

PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket Photobucket
"...for this reason also, since the day we heard of it, we have not ceased to pray for you..."

Wednesday, January 5, 2011

Make Something Beautiful


Tomorrow is the 7th chemo treatment. It is hard to believe that Ansley has undergone so much in such a short amount of time. If I am honest, it still aches me to think that this is our reality. It's not that I don't trust God. I have realized that their can be pain and trust at the same time. It hurts, but I still trust Him. It can seem never-ending, but I can still trust. This is where my heart lives today.

One of my best friends in the world has the most amazing voice you have ever heard. She is also an incredible mom of 4 and an awesome wife. But, if I didn't love her so much, I could be crazy jealous of her voice. But, in the last couple of weeks, her voice has become more precious to me than ever. I hear her sing to me all day long in my mind. It's like she is right next to me all day long singing in my ear. I think Jesus has given me this as a gift. Yes, Jesus is enough, but how precious that a faithful friend can remind me of truth all day long and yet live hours away.

This friend of mine sang a song last January at a retreat. The title is, "Make Something Beautiful" by Laura Story. If you have a chance, you should YouTube it. The words have been so precious to me lately. It really speaks what I want from this whole story God has written for our family.

"Take ALL of my life, ALL of my life, and make something beautiful. Open my hands, trusting YOUR plan. Make something beautiful."