~~~standing together as Ansley battles non-hodgkins lymphoma~~~

ways to serve

PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket Photobucket
"...for this reason also, since the day we heard of it, we have not ceased to pray for you..."

Wednesday, April 20, 2011

Look Out Orlando...Here We Come!!

After a long day at clinic, we are excited beyond words that we get to leave tomorrow for Orlando!! Ansley's counts were not what we had hoped but they were slightly higher than on Monday. She was able to get chemo and have her PICC removed. It is amazing to see her be so brave while the doctors remove 2 feet of tubing from her arm! I couldn't believe how brave and strong she was during the removal of the PICC.

Please pray that this time away is full of laughter, memories, joy and relaxation. I hope that the only tears we have this week are from laughing so hard we cry. I am thankful that physically Ansley is doing well but I think the mental and emotional break from labs, chemo, clinic and central line flushings will do her so much good. Thanks to all who prayed and fasted today. I believe it made God smile to see His people trusting Him.

I will send some pictures and updates during the week. But, more than anything, I am going to savor this precious time with my crew. Who knows what tomorrow will bring other than God? I don't want to look back and regret how I spent this time. I am thankful we have been given this great gift. To all who have made this trip possible, a thousand thank yous wouldn't begin to describe how you have blessed us.

Cario, Pinckney, Citadel Rotaract, you guys are amazing!! You are the definition of self-less!! Abundant blessings to all of you.

If you could see Ansley now, it would bring a smile to your face. She had a hard time going to sleep tonight because she can't wait to start our trip tomorrow. It is so good to see her excited and looking forward to something! I think that seeing her happy is one of the greatest gifts to me and Matt right now.
With an overflowing heart of thanks,
Amy