~~~standing together as Ansley battles non-hodgkins lymphoma~~~

ways to serve

PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket Photobucket
"...for this reason also, since the day we heard of it, we have not ceased to pray for you..."

Friday, September 23, 2011

Bumps in the Road

We are sitting in the Peds Hem/Onc Clinic today awaiting chemotherapy. We have visited the 10th floor at Rutledge Tower this morning trying to figure out what is causing our baby girl to have a rash all over her body. Chemo did not go on Wed due to the rash. Labs were drawn on Wed and then we came back today. There was some question as to whether or not chemo should be administered today and the final decision was "yes." Funny thing is I am thankful we got to move forward even though that means the net week will stink. I am thankful when we can stay on schedule so that come December, we can be done. I can't help but want to see our precious Ansley done with treatments.

Honestly, it's been a hard week. So many bumps in the road right now. We, as a family, are trying to have life remain as normal as possible yet there are so many abnormalities. I guess I shouldn't say abnormalities, just new stuff. I think days at the hospital, crying eyes, giving meds and rubbing aching legs are becoming quite normal for us.

The challenge for me is to remain hopeful when things don't go as planned. Is my hope only visible when my circumstances are without challenge? I sure don't want to live that way. I have a hope that does not disappoint and His name is Jesus. WHEN bumps arrive, He is my strength and an ever-present help in times of trouble.

This quote was in the bulletin at church a couple of weeks ago and it has comforted my frustrated and weak heart.
Peace, Love and Joy to you all,
Amy

"Circumstances may seem to wreck our lives and God's plans, but GOD IS NOT HELPLESS AMONG THE RUINS. Our broken lives are not lost or useless. God's love is still working. He comes in and takes the calamity and uses it victoriously, working out his wonderful plan of love." -Eric Liddell