~~~standing together as Ansley battles non-hodgkins lymphoma~~~

ways to serve

PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket Photobucket
"...for this reason also, since the day we heard of it, we have not ceased to pray for you..."

Sunday, June 19, 2011

Does this ever get normal?

It has been a while since I have written. We have had lots of good days lately. I would say they seem somewhat normal....I just don't really like this new normal if I am honest. There are so many days where I say to myself and God, "Can I please have our old life back? Can I please for one hour not think about what is going on inside our little girl's body?" And, of course, the answer is no. Right now, this is our life. And it has to be dealt with. And, so, we will do tomorrow when tomorrow gets here.
Today was a wonderful day. We celebrated the marriage of two very special friends and Ansley was a flower girl. A lot of "what-ifs" went through my mind as I watched our baby girl walk down the aisle.
She looked beautiful. She looked happy. She had so much fun doing it. As her mommy, though, tough questions run through my mind as to what the future will look like.

Please pray for our family this week. Chemo is on Wednesday and so we are coming up on a week of Ansley not feeling well. The chemo seems to be hitting her body harder and making her more nauseated. Please pray for patience and energy for me as I take care of her. Pray that the sickness is not as bad as it was last treatment.