~~~standing together as Ansley battles non-hodgkins lymphoma~~~

ways to serve

PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket Photobucket
"...for this reason also, since the day we heard of it, we have not ceased to pray for you..."

Wednesday, June 29, 2011

Chemo and Today

Ansley has handled the chemo from a week ago better than the last couple of rounds. What this means is that there hasn't been as much vomiting, nausea and fatigue. It has been a smoother week than normal chemo weeks and for that we are grateful. I am enjoying my time with the kids tremendously this summer. Why does it take a tragedy to wake me up to the thousands of gifts right in front of my eyes everyday? The most mundane tasks have taken on new meaning. How thankful I am to have so many loads of laundry to do because this means I have 5 kiddos that are able to play and get messy and have energy to be kids! Thank goodness I have a full sink of dishes after breakfast and lunch with my 5 precious babies.
Thankfulness is in my heart today. Pray that I would remember how faithful God has been to our family through this journey. Ansley is more than halfway done with her expected chemo protocol and we look forward to the day when we can ring the bell in the clinic to signify victory over cancer!