~~~standing together as Ansley battles non-hodgkins lymphoma~~~

ways to serve

PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket Photobucket
"...for this reason also, since the day we heard of it, we have not ceased to pray for you..."

Sunday, February 27, 2011

great joy


We have had computer issues for the last week and so I haven't been able to give updates.  Maybe it was a good thing because 7 days ago I would've depressed all of you with my words.  But, today I am writing with great joy in my heart.  We are starting to catch on to Ansley's pattern after chemo.  She is really sick and puny for the first week after chemo.  She is irritable, nauseated, in pain,tired, and just plain frustrated.  And then, at about day 8, she perks up, has energy, and wants to go and play outside.  It is almost like you are dealing with two totally different kids!  But, I am so thankful for both parts of the pattern.  My heart is heavy for her when I see her sick and exhausted.  I want to take it away from her and I want to see her act like a kid again.  And then, when I think I can't handle anymore, God brings relief.  He brings it in the form of no nausea, no tiredness, no hurting.  He doesn't give us more than we can handle!  It really is amazing to see how He works.  Doesn't this sound just like our faithful God?  He might allow something hard or uncomfortable or painful into our lives but he doesn't allow it without also bringing a blessing.  He doesn't give us more than we are able to bear.  

Our baby girl is outside right now enjoying a beautiful afternoon.  I want to remember this day when we have the bad days!  I want to remember that having her here with us everyday is a gift.  I need to remember how many rich blessings we have received as a result of her diagnosis of cancer.

A year is a long time. I am finding out just how impatient of a person I am!  Please pray that with each passing month, we will depend more and more on our unchanging and faithful God.  Pray that this year will not be wasted.  Pray that our family would remember 2011 for all that God taught us and all that God revealed to us. Thanks for walking through this with us.